TAG is currently recruiting for the following roles:
Location: London, Westminster (with remote working)
Salary: £32,760 - £38,500 D.O.E
At TAG (‘Torchlight and Axiom Group’), we research, design, and deliver programmes to resolve multifaceted security and development challenges, enhancing the everyday lives of citizens and protecting national interests. Our innovative programmes are delivered by one of our three thematic Practices: National Security & Resilience, Security & Justice, and Governance & Social Development. Having been in operation for over a decade, we are the trusted partner of many bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, including the UK Govt (FCDO, MOD, Home Office and NCA), the UN and USAID. Our programmes to date have seen us operate in 45 countries, supporting over 70 different beneficiary organisations. We are now embarking upon our next exciting chapter in which we are significantly increasing the scope and scale of our operation. Central to our growth and continued success is our amazing team, all of whom are passionate about making a difference, bringing stability and peace to conflicted regions worldwide.
TAG is a high performing and ambitious company, with a culture of excellence in delivery enabled through high levels of empowerment and trust. This Business Operations role sits within the Operations Team, reporting to the Compliance & Quality Manager, enabling TAG to deliver its high quality, innovative and proven solutions across multiple countries and in a broad range of thematic areas.
This role is critical in helping run ‘the business of the business’ and offers the opportunity to quickly build a portfolio of responsibilities across IT support, Information Standards (ISOs) and corporate account stakeholder management. Your goal is to understand the mechanics of the business; create an enjoyable and efficient office environment; be the go-to person for information management/recall, process management/development, IT and facilities.
It is important that you are self-motivated, ambitious, extremely organised, methodical and love detail. You should be the kind of person who demands the highest quality and knows the importance of marginal gains. You will be required to learn quickly and demonstrate the ability to take that learning and apply it with confidence to other areas to progress important business tasks and understand and manage key support functions.
Whilst TAG operates a hybrid office / remote working pattern, the specifics of this post will normally require the individual to be located in the London HQ office on 4 days a week.
- Effective day to day Office Management, administration and coordination, to include:
- Developing and maintaining effective office procedures, supplies and equipment and seeking operational and cost efficiencies
- Facilities, IT and Telecoms supplier relationships
- Health and Safety, and Risk Assessments
- Arranging meetings and scheduling functions, being the first line of contact to visitors, customer and suppliers in person, online and via telephone
- Adhoc support to CEO
- Coordination of IT Management / Administration, proactive and account management of Managed Service Provider, to include:
- Monitor and evaluate helpdesk tickets, acting as point of escalation for issues
- Roll out new products or services within our IT network alongside IT Service Provider
- Act as main POC internally and externally for all stakeholders using our system; managing the process for new starters and leavers
- Source, coordinate and assist others in the operation of hardware, software and peripherals
- Continually review our IT services and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Manage all IT registers, reviews and software renewal schedule
- Asset management and maintenance, monthly IT audits
- Act as first POC for security incidents / breaches and report to Compliance Manager
- Support GDPR requests
- Change management; ensure compliance with change and approval process
- Manage the suppliers on site visits to maximise benefit
- Act as IT admin for adhoc licences and software (adobe etc)
- Ensuring compliance with company accreditations, to include:
- Assistance with internal and external audits
- Assistance with ensuring the Company Operating Procedures remain current
- Act as Environmental Manager - create and implement environmental policies and processes
- Supporting and developing our ISO14001 environmental management
- Access control and access management of the physical locations
- Report to Compliance Team Meetings and Information Security Steering Groups
- Ensuring that suitable facilities are provided for secure storage, sanitation and disposal of IT equipment
- Uphold and promote the company vision and values
- Promote and ensure safeguarding
- Promote the TAG brand and enhance the company’s reputation
- Operate within the compliance requirements and within all legal and statutory requirements
- Promote and share best practice and own learnings across the business to improve efficiency.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous relevant experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional IT skills with experience of Microsoft 365
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; a sound telephone manner and excellent written ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally well organised; Able to multi-task with good planning and prioritisation
- Self-motivated and able to work well unsupervised
- Resilient under pressure and the ability to maintain high standards during busy periods
- Customer focused ethos.
We would love you to have...
- The ability to reliably commute to office base and able to work extended hours if the necessity arises
- Current SC clearance or the ability to secure it
We ask for a lot, so we hope we offer it in return
- £32,760 - £38,500 D.O.E
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Eyecare voucher and C2W schemes, Employee Assistance Programme, and wellbeing scheme.
Please apply via LinkedIn/Indeed or send your CV with a brief covering email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert Business Operations Officer / Coordinator into the email subject.
Applications should be received no later than Thursday 30 March 2023.
Due to the short notice requirements of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
Torchlight Group and Axiom International are equal opportunities employers, and are committed to ensuring equality, diversity, and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage, or civil partnership, pregnancy, or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).
We are looking for an energetic and experienced security risk instructor to join our team. You will have relevant military experience to relate the training requirement to real-life scenarios, or an understanding of MoD Security Policy and its applicability.
You will be joining a 3-person team of experienced security and intelligence professionals responsible for delivering a range of courses. The training we provide will enable various security officer roles within the MoD to conduct the Security Risk Management process for the protection of information, personnel, and equipment assets.
This role would be ideal for former Intelligence Corps, RAF Police, RN Regulators or other former military/civilian personnel with detailed knowledge and experience of MoD Security Policies.
You will develop and deliver security training to a mixed military and civil service audience. You will also regularly review training material to ensure its currency in line with the Government Functional Standard (GovS-007 Security), formerly Security Policy Framework and various Training Requirements Authorities. In doing so your inputs will support the continual improvement of the security training output of the Defence community.
We would love you to have…
- Experience in training and instructing, delivering courses within a classroom environment
- Familiarity with MoD security policy, including JSP440
- Significant counterintelligence and preventative security experience
- An understanding of IT security and cyber threats is desirable (but not essential)
- Current UK Government Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain it)
- The ability to start ASAP
We would love you to be…
- A great team-player, motivated and strongly customer-focused
- Reliable, engaging and committed
- Instructing on respective specialist security courses, ensuing all teaching outcomes are met
- Creating and maintaining currency of course documentation and outline resources
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of MoD security policies including single service guidelines
- Preparing and delivering specialist lessons and briefing, both internally and externally as required
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional qualification in education and training or Defence Train the Trainer (or other relevant equivalent qualification)
- DITSO trained (desirable though not essential)
- Experience delivering Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant training courses
We ask for a lot, so hope we offer it in return
- Competitive salary, £40,000
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance and wellbeing scheme
Please send your CV marked Security and Risk Trainer to email@example.com.
Due to the short notice requirement of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
TorchlightGroup (“Torchlight”) is an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).
Location: Middle East
Axiom and Torchlight Group are looking for a number of military and police training professionals to help deliver a 17 week Recruit Basic Training Course in the Middle East.
Deployment dates are currently planned for December 2022 / January 2023, following a short pre-deployment training package.
All applicants must have training experience within either the military, police, or law enforcement, as well as proven experience in lesson plan development and delivery.
Instructors will require relevant experience in one or more of the following subjects / disciplines: Drill, Weapons, Physical Training (PT), Self-Defence and Core Skills.
To apply please fill in the form through the link below: