TAG is currently recruiting for the following roles:
About the Role
As Project Manager at TAG International, you will steer the implementation of nationally important cyber capacity development projects. Your work will impact third-party countries, shaping their cyber resilience and national security infrastructure. Your role will focus on delivering results that are timely, cost-effective, and of superior quality for our Government clients. You will:
- Lead Multi-disciplinary Teams: Run project teams composed of TAG's internal experts, as well as external consultants and supply chain partners, focusing on national risk and capacity assessment.
- Complex Stakeholder Management: Cultivate relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders, ranging from government clients to project beneficiaries, all while navigating the complexities of international aid and cyber capacity development.
- Project Oversight: Direct projects of varying complexity and financial scale—from shorter, single-year projects to ambitious, multi-year, multi-country, and multi-million-pound undertakings, with particular emphasis on critical national infrastructure resilience and cyber hygiene campaigns.
Location & Travel
These roles are UK-based, with hybrid working arrangements available. Short-duration international travel may be required.
- Project Management Certification: Such as PRINCE2, APMP, or AgilePM is essential.
- Understanding of Cyber Security: Specifically, its applicability to International Aid and Development.
- Project Scale: Experience in managing multiple projects ranging from small (<£1M) to medium (>£3M).
- International and Donor Programmes: Experience of working on bi-lateral or multi-lateral donor programmes.
- Budget and Workplan Management: Strong record in fiscal planning and execution.
- Team Management: Experience in leading culturally diverse teams.
- Communication: Adept at confidently engaging with both senior officials and technical experts, facilitating productive dialogue and decision-making.
- Relationship Building: Excellent skills in relationship management.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Track record of a culturally sensitive approach in professional settings.
- Time Management: Mastery in time and task management with a focus on prioritisation and company objectives.
- Global Experience: Proficiency in working in international environments.
- Commercial Acumen: Ability to understand, develop, analyse, and estimate fiscal data.
- Resilience: Results-focused and able to maintain composure under pressure.
- Tech-Savviness: IT literacy, with Microsoft Office being essential; other tools are desired.
- Client Focus: Strong client-oriented ethos.
We are looking for more than just a qualified professional; we are seeking someone whose combined expertise and attributes will support TAG International's ongoing commitment to making a positive impact in an increasingly complex global landscape.
To apply please fill in the form through the link below:
We are looking for an energetic and experienced security risk instructor to join our team. You will have relevant military experience to relate the training requirement to real-life scenarios, or an understanding of MoD Security Policy and its applicability.
You will be joining a 3-person team of experienced security and intelligence professionals responsible for delivering a range of courses. The training we provide will enable various security officer roles within the MoD to conduct the Security Risk Management process for the protection of information, personnel, and equipment assets.
This role would be ideal for former Intelligence Corps, RAF Police, RN Regulators or other former military/civilian personnel with detailed knowledge and experience of MoD Security Policies.
You will develop and deliver security training to a mixed military and civil service audience. You will also regularly review training material to ensure its currency in line with the Government Functional Standard (GovS-007 Security), formerly Security Policy Framework and various Training Requirements Authorities. In doing so your inputs will support the continual improvement of the security training output of the Defence community.
We would love you to have…
- Experience in training and instructing, delivering courses within a classroom environment
- Familiarity with MoD security policy, including JSP440
- Significant counterintelligence and preventative security experience
- An understanding of IT security and cyber threats is desirable (but not essential)
- Current UK Government Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain it)
- The ability to start ASAP
We would love you to be…
- A great team-player, motivated and strongly customer-focused
- Reliable, engaging and committed
- Instructing on respective specialist security courses, ensuing all teaching outcomes are met
- Creating and maintaining currency of course documentation and outline resources
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of MoD security policies including single service guidelines
- Preparing and delivering specialist lessons and briefing, both internally and externally as required
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional qualification in education and training or Defence Train the Trainer (or other relevant equivalent qualification)
- DITSO trained (desirable though not essential)
- Experience delivering Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant training courses
We ask for a lot, so hope we offer it in return
- Competitive salary, £40,000
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance and wellbeing scheme
Please send your CV marked Security and Risk Trainer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the short notice requirement of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
TorchlightGroup (“Torchlight”) is an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).
Location: Middle East
Axiom and Torchlight Group are looking for a number of military and police training professionals to help deliver a 17 week Recruit Basic Training Course in the Middle East.
Deployment dates are currently planned for December 2022 / January 2023, following a short pre-deployment training package.
All applicants must have training experience within either the military, police, or law enforcement, as well as proven experience in lesson plan development and delivery.
Instructors will require relevant experience in one or more of the following subjects / disciplines: Drill, Weapons, Physical Training (PT), Self-Defence and Core Skills.
To apply please fill in the form through the link below:
Location: London with international travel
Salary: £62,400 - £72,000
We specialise in the provision of international development and national security services, delivering programmes on behalf of bilateral and multilateral donors, including the UK (FCDO, MOD, Home Office and NCA), the UN and USAID, across a broad range of services such as: National Security & Resilience, Social Development & Governance, and Security & Justice. We focus on realising our aim of being the international development sector’s partner of choice for providing sustainable solutions to complex requirements in challenging environments.
Our global team of development experts bring a unique blend of specialist knowledge, empowering our clients with the technical understanding and confidence to solve their toughest challenges. We are committed to our mission of providing enduring security and stability where it is needed most. By bringing clarity to complexity, we resolve multifaceted challenges, enhancing the everyday lives of citizens and protecting national interests.
About the role
Reporting to the Practice Director, you will be responsible for leading, managing and supporting across the full range of business activities. Duties will include: project direction and management, research, opportunity identification, technical solution development and proposal writing, recruitment and management of technical experts and partners, and technical report writing / reviewing. You will have a specific focus on Security & Justice and the thematic areas within the practice. You will be committed to delivering value that exceeds the expectation of our clients on international development projects / programmes in fragile and conflict affected states.
The performance of the Practice is critical to the attainment of the organisation’s objectives of delivering impact to beneficiaries, thematic and geographical growth and client diversification and expansion. You will lead, deputise (for Practice Director) and manage the delivery of the Practice’s projects, ensuring that they exceed the client’s expectations and build the reputation of your team. Concurrently, you will use your detailed understanding of existing and potential clients, partners, competitors, and market needs, to anticipate, position and respond to emerging trends and developments to expand existing projects and win new business.
You are a strong leader, manager and relationship builder. You are self-motivated, ambitious, and results-focused, with a strong understanding of the international aid and development sector. You are the kind of person who demands the highest quality and can successfully support simultaneous demands from varying stakeholders.
You are an excellent communicator with pragmatic and proven problem-solving skills, able to devise and implement strategies to benefit the company and our clients.
You will have a proven ability to successfully win and deliver large projects / programmes (£15m+ revenue). You have sound judgement and a keen eye for detail, and a passion for individual and organisational improvement. You are passionate about the growth of Practice thematics and will be able to support and manage that growth, as well as supporting on the evolving strategy. You are people focused and relish the opportunity to be a highly engaged member of a rapidly growing and high performing team. You are confident and competent in an operational context, with strong commercial acumen and client focus, with a desire to expand your networks, knowledge, and influence.
- Programme management and direction for a portfolio of projects in the Security & Justice Practice to quality, time and on budget
- Feed / support the development of the Practice strategy
- Grow your projects / client accounts to help the company achieve its financial target (relating to in-year Budget)
- Lead technical delivery and quality assurance of programmes through the delivery of activities and client reporting
- Ensure accurate project budget forecasting and reporting to the Senior Management Team on practice commercials
- Deliver sustainable performance through portfolio management, pipeline management, development of services, market presence, people retention and development
- Pursue new opportunities, leading opportunity capture and full proposal development with limited support
- Lead and/or support framework tenders – largely the design of technical approaches and methodologies
- Lead the development of commercial offers and project budgets
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in successfully winning and delivering large projects / programmes (£15m+ revenue).
- Proven track record of directly winning business and effective account management with UK Government, USAID and other donors
- Strong manager with excellent relationship building skills with an established network of experts and clients
- Over 10 years’ experience of working in international environments, preferably in fragile and conflict affected states
- Experience of successfully managing and delivering a portfolio of multi-million and multi-year projects to high client satisfaction, time and budget
- Experienced in leading and developing technical proposals for donor clients with a high win-rate
- Track record of winning and delivering projects for private sector clients
- Track record of winning and delivering services, software or other business lines
- Current DV or SC
- Experience in the delivery of cross government activity
- Project management qualifications i.e. PRINCE2, APMP, AgilePM
- Additional languages
We ask for a lot, so we hope we offer it in return
- £62,400 - £72,000 D.O.E
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Volunteering leave
- Sick pay
- Eyecare voucher and C2W schemes,
- Employee Assistance Programme, and wellbeing scheme.
Please apply via LinkedIn or send your CV with a brief covering email to email@example.com. Please insert Head of Programmes into the email subject.
Applications should be received no later than Friday 25th August 2023.
Due to the short notice requirements of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
Torchlight Group and Axiom International are equal opportunities employers, and are committed to ensuring equality, diversity, and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage, or civil partnership, pregnancy, or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).