TAG is currently recruiting for the following roles:
We are looking for an energetic and experienced security risk instructor to join our team. You will have relevant military experience to relate the training requirement to real-life scenarios, or an understanding of MoD Security Policy and its applicability.
You will be joining a 3-person team of experienced security and intelligence professionals responsible for delivering a range of courses. The training we provide will enable various security officer roles within the MoD to conduct the Security Risk Management process for the protection of information, personnel, and equipment assets.
This role would be ideal for former Intelligence Corps, RAF Police, RN Regulators or other former military/civilian personnel with detailed knowledge and experience of MoD Security Policies.
You will develop and deliver security training to a mixed military and civil service audience. You will also regularly review training material to ensure its currency in line with the Government Functional Standard (GovS-007 Security), formerly Security Policy Framework and various Training Requirements Authorities. In doing so your inputs will support the continual improvement of the security training output of the Defence community.
We would love you to have…
- Experience in training and instructing, delivering courses within a classroom environment
- Familiarity with MoD security policy, including JSP440
- Significant counterintelligence and preventative security experience
- An understanding of IT security and cyber threats is desirable (but not essential)
- Current UK Government Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain it)
- The ability to start ASAP
We would love you to be…
- A great team-player, motivated and strongly customer-focused
- Reliable, engaging and committed
- Instructing on respective specialist security courses, ensuing all teaching outcomes are met
- Creating and maintaining currency of course documentation and outline resources
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of MoD security policies including single service guidelines
- Preparing and delivering specialist lessons and briefing, both internally and externally as required
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional qualification in education and training or Defence Train the Trainer (or other relevant equivalent qualification)
- DITSO trained (desirable though not essential)
- Experience delivering Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) compliant training courses
We ask for a lot, so hope we offer it in return
- Competitive salary, £40,000
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance and wellbeing scheme
Please send your CV marked Security and Risk Trainer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the short notice requirement of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
TorchlightGroup (“Torchlight”) is an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).
Location: Middle East
Axiom and Torchlight Group are looking for a number of military and police training professionals to help deliver a 17 week Recruit Basic Training Course in the Middle East.
Deployment dates are currently planned for December 2022 / January 2023, following a short pre-deployment training package.
All applicants must have training experience within either the military, police, or law enforcement, as well as proven experience in lesson plan development and delivery.
Instructors will require relevant experience in one or more of the following subjects / disciplines: Drill, Weapons, Physical Training (PT), Self-Defence and Core Skills.
To apply please fill in the form through the link below:
Location: London (with hybrid working)
Salary: £36,750 to £42,000 D.O.E
At TAG (‘Torchlight and Axiom Group’), we research, design, and deliver programmes to resolve multifaceted security and development challenges, enhancing the everyday lives of citizens and protecting national interests. Our innovative programmes are delivered by one of our three thematic Practices: National Security & Resilience, Security & Justice, and Governance & Social Development. Having been in operation for over a decade, we are the trusted partner of many bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, including the UK Govt (FCDO, MOD, Home Office and NCA), the UN and USAID. Our programmes to date have seen us operate in 45 countries, supporting over 70 different beneficiary organisations. We are now embarking upon our next exciting chapter in which we are significantly increasing the scope and scale of our operation alongside our sister organisation, Axiom International. Central to our growth and continued success is our amazing team, all of whom are passionate about making a difference, bringing stability and peace to conflicted regions worldwide.
We have a great opportunity for a standalone Human Resources Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic team of friendly high performing professionals based in our Westminster office. Reporting to the Head of Business Services, the Human Resources Coordinator role will provide assistance and leadership in all aspects of HR.
- Effective facilitation of the end-to-end HR processes and the administration and management of the full employee lifecycle, including:
- Advise, support and coach employees and managers on employee relations and employee life cycle matters.
- Revision of contracts and terms where required, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective utilisation of the HR information system (BambooHR) to streamline the employment lifecycle.
- Support to the disciplinary and grievance process in line with company policy and address all disciplinary and termination issues with consistency and fairness.
- Manage the annual employee engagement and satisfaction surveys and analyse and report on results.
- Management of recruitment process (adverts, screening calls, interview organisation etc). Ensure the process is inclusive and current, including:
- Liaising with the hiring manager on vacancies to create, develop and maintain job descriptions and person specifications.
- Preparing, placing job advertisements, and managing application frameworks including trackers, conducting interviews, providing feedback and all communication with applicants.
- Conducting relevant due diligence (including pre-employment screening, right to work and vetting).
- Preparation and issue of offers of employment (including contractual elements).
- Support the development and maintenance of a culture that promotes equality and values diversity, through implementation of appropriate systems and communication with staff.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in HR
- CIPD qualification - level 3 or above
- Comfortable with current employment legislation and its relative applicability within the business.
- Be able to support with all aspects of HR from performance to training and development, to leavers, probationary periods and absence management, payroll support and reporting.
- The ability to engage with all employees at all levels, offering coaching, guidance and advice on all HR related issues.
- Excellent attention to detail.
We would love you to be...
- Self-motivated, positive, and resilient.
- Solutions-focused, with excellent communication skills.
- Accountable - taking ownership of your own workload, and delivering proactive support
- Empathetic, adaptable and respectful with the ability to deal with situations sensitively and tactfully
We ask for a lot, so we hope we offer it in return
- £36,750 to £42,000 D.O.E
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company sick pay
- Eyecare voucher and C2W schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, and wellbeing scheme.
Please apply via LinkedIn or send your CV with a brief covering email/letter to email@example.com. Please insert HR Coordinator into the email subject.
Applications should be received no later than Friday 27 January 2023.
Due to the short notice requirements of this role, we will review applications as they are received. We reserve the right to end the application window early if we identify and confirm a candidate during this period.
Torchlight Group and Axiom International are equal opportunities employers, and are committed to ensuring equality, diversity, and inclusion within its team and through its recruitment processes. We are committed to considering all applicants, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, disability, nationality, marriage, or civil partnership, pregnancy, or maternity (as per the Equality Act 2010).